SIB Mobile Banking
We are now offering Mobile Banking to our customers that will allow you to instantly view account balances in real-time,
view account history, view check images, find the nearest ATM and branch locations, conveniently manage and pay monthly bills,
easily deposit checks using the camera in your mobile device or tablet,
and transfer funds from one account to another.
When Logging into the app you will use your retail online banking Access ID and Password.
Once you have successfully logged in you can enable the Touch ID feature allowing you to log in using your fingerprint instead of a password.
If you have not enrolled into Online Banking prior to downloading the App you will need to do so through the website www.southernindependentbank.com in order to gain access.
If you are a current user of Online Banking and receive an error instructing you to contact customer service at the apps log in screen, this could be caused by your Online Banking password being expired.
You will need to log into the website to reset your password; this cannot be done through the app. However, you can change your password through the app once you have successfully logged in.
Mobile Capture Deposit
Mobile Capture Deposits can be done through the SIB App. You will be able to make deposits into your account with just a few clicks. When the picture you have taken of your check is accepted you will receive a confirmation screen. Please note, it is important to review your account history to verify the status of your deposit. Deposits will post in “pending transactions” when the deposit is accepted. This is NOT immediate! Requirements for Mobile Capture Deposits include one check per deposit and a daily limit of $2,000 with proper endorsement.
Example of endorsement: Customer Signature For Mobile Deposit Only
You can view balances on up to 6 accounts instantly without logging into the App once the Instant Balance Settings have been enabled.
Educational Tips on using Mobile Check Deposit
- Before logging into the Mobile Deposit app, close all other apps running in the background on your mobile phone.
- Sign/Endorse the back of your check, and label it “For Deposit Only.”
- When prompted for the amount, carefully enter the check amount to ensure it matches the amount written on your check.
- Flatten folded or crumpled checks before taking your photos.
- Keep the check within the view finder on the camera screen when capturing your photos.
- Try not to get too much of the areas surrounding the check.
- Take the photos of your check in a well-lit area.
- Place the check on solid dark background before taking the photo of it.
- Keep your phone flat and steady above the check when taking your photos.
- Hold the camera as square to the check as possible to reduce corner to corner skew.
- Make sure that the entire check image is visible and in focus before submitting your deposit.
- No shadows across the check
- All four corners are visible
- Check is not blurry
- The MICR line (numbers on the bottom of your check) is readable.
Download the app for your device now!
Mobile Phone and Tablet: